Mother’s Day is just around the corner - Sunday, May 14, to be exact. No matter how old or young your mother is, she thinks about you all the time, and worries about you even more. Sure, you can take her out to lunch or bring her chocolate, but sometimes what she would really like is a little help around the house.
Help your mom increase her property values a little, give her curb appeal a boost, or simply help her have a nicer home to live in with these ideas of what you can do to make your mom happy this Mother’s Day.
Outside Mom’s House
- Mow the lawn, trim the hedges, and weed.
- Plant flowers in the flower beds and re-mulch.
- Clean the gutters.
- Sweep the front porch and repair any cracks or broken sections of brick, wood, or cement.
- Clean or repaint the front door.
- Sweep out the garage and clean the garage door. Repaint if necessary.
- Edge around walkways and the driveway.
- Put up solar lights.
- Make sure all exterior lights work.
- Repair loose steps or handrails.
Around Mom’s House
- Hang a new ceiling fan.
- Change the knobs on the kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
- Hang new curtains.
- Dust in the high corners where she can’t always reach.
- Add pictures of the grandkids to the walls.
- Fix or replace broken furniture.
- Paint the living room or bedroom.
- Change out her lightbulbs to CFLs or LEDs to help her save energy.
- Seal cracks around windows and doors and around electrical outlets to keep hot weather out in summer.
- Change the air filter for her air conditioner.
- Help rearrange furniture.
Your mom isn’t helpless and she may be perfectly capable of doing these things for herself... but that’s not the point. This is her day and you can let her know you care by taking care of her like she took care of you for all those years. At the same time, she’ll have a cleaner, fresher look in and out of her home. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the amazing mom's out there!